Thursday, May 10, 2012

I'm Back...Working Harder Than Ever!

Ok, so there's no excuse: I've absolutely been missing in action, and I humbly ask your forgiveness. All I can do is promise that this won't happen again unless, 1. I'm dead, 2. I'm in a coma, 3. I'm in a hospital without computer and no one will bring it to me...so, there you have it!

An awful lot has happened since November (the last time I posted).  My ex-pastor (whom I gave my life to Christ under in 1971) passed: Right in his pulpit after preaching his Sunday sermon. Being a retired pastor myself, I knew he wouldn't have wanted to go any other way! That's how a soldier for Christ does it! Then, my 38 year old daughter visited death...was right at his door! I won't get into the hows and whys right now, but it was more than a bit much. The doctors gave her 24 to 48 hours to live when her husband got her to the ER.  But, I wasn't haven't it. With all of us Christian in that ER--her aunts, uncle, everybody--surely we could call down heaven to save my daughter...right? Her aunt turn to me, let out a sigh and say to me, "All we can hope for is that she goes peacefully." Wait...is that funeral music I hear playing in the ER?! Are you serious! I mean, really...did she really say that to me?! I had to get up and get out of there as fast as I could! And, I'm mad because I can't even move very fast...I have to hobble out! I didn't want my daughter to DIE IN PEACE!!! I DIDN'T WANT HER TO DIE AT ALL!!!!!!!!!! I hobbled to my car and started talking to God on behalf of my daughter: Just little ole me and her husband...who I asked to come with me! I had to get away from those religious people and have a serious one on one with my Father! When I went back into my daughter's room--this is the honest to God truth--she acted like someone had just given her a life transfusion! She was a little perky, when she had been totally lifeless at first! Needless to say, she's alive and getting better by the day, but she was left blind; however, even her sight is trying to come back slowly.

Then, I became ill with a virus I got from the hospital from going to see her everyday: The Norovirus.  It was supposed to last about a week and it took me out for 6 weeks! So, a lot was going on; and during this time, I started editing (seriously) Letters From Heaven.  But, I also learned something with all of this going on: I HATE BLOGGING! There...I've said it, and the world didn't come to and end!

I love writing...poetry, fiction, non-fiction, even term-papers!...but I hate blogging! It's like...what do I talk about? But, then it came to me...I write about social issues (in fiction, yes), but still social issues; so I've decided, that's what I'll blog about! Whatever is going on at the time I'm blogging, that's what I'll talk about. Hey, that should be interesting! So, let's see how that works out. In the meantime, back to Letters From Heaven. I will be needing reviews and all the help I can get for a first time publishing venture, so don't hesitate to offer advice. Until the next time...Live...Laugh...Love! Oh, and thank you for your patience!

No comments:

Post a Comment